March was a very productive month. On top of the Balinese quilt I already posted about, I finished quilting and binding my Values quilt:
It’s definitely imperfect, but I learned from the process of trying to quilt it. And that’s what it’s all about, right? If I’m always afraid to quilt my stuff because my quilting isn’t perfect, it won’t ever get any better.
Wait till my next post, when I show you the experimental quilting I’ve been working on!
Anyway, back to March. I also got the top pieced for the third charity HST quilt for my Wednesday sewing group:
I don’t know if there’s a name for this lay out, but I think of it as “The Twist”. It was a bit tricky to do with random fabrics that people donated, but I think that I was able to make it work, thanks to the helpful input of a couple of ladies in the sewing group.
Now it’s all pieced — but I need a backing fabric, and to decide who will quilt it. Me? Or someone else?
But that’s not all. I also managed to finish piecing another quilt top — the one I’ve been thinking of as “Spring Rain”.
This one was made from scraps left over from another quilt. I thought the fabrics were so nice, I wanted to do something special with them. I like the clean, modern look of this quilt. (Obviously, the top and bottom rows still need to be trimmed to an even edge!)
I have already purchased a backing fabric for this one, so I need to press, baste and quilt it in April.
Now, I have to confess, I’ve also added a new project to my UFO list. The local quilt store was offering a course on fabric collage, and I decided to take it. And of course, I foolishly picked the largest project — a tall flamingo. I should have picked a little cat! Oh well. So here’s my flamingo so far:
So that was my March. April will be busy, but I plan to fit in as much quilting as I can, so hopefully I can stay ahead of the curve in getting through my UFOs.
Off to the gym — need to stay in shape if I’m going to do all that sewing, you know!